Membership: Terms and Conditions
The Association is required to disclose to potential members the current public Liability Insurance Held. Insurer QBE Insurance (Australia) Ltd Adelaide SA, for $20,000,000.00. Policy Number: AT A174000 PLB.
As a prospective member of the Mt Nebo Residents' Association Inc. you agree to the following:
5 Classes of members
(1) The membership of the association consists of ordinary members, and any of the following classes of members—honorary and life member.
(2)The number of ordinary members is unlimited.
(3)Membership shall be limited to those who have their principal place of residence accessible to Mt Nebo Rd and, Mt Glorious Roads, and is more than a 150 meters above sea level.
9 Admission and rejection of new members
(1) The management committee must consider an application for membership at the next committee meeting held after it receives—
(a) the application for membership; and
(b) the appropriate membership fee for the application.
(2) The management committee must ensure that, as soon as possible after the person applies to become a member of the association, and before the management committee considers the persons application, the person is advised—
(a) whether or not the association has public liability insurance; and
(b) if the association has public liability insurance—the amount of the insurance.
(3) The management committee must decide at the meeting whether to accept or reject the application.
(4) If a majority of the members of the management committee present at the meeting vote to accept the applicant as a member, the applicant must be accepted as a member for the class of membership applied for.
(5) The secretary of the association must, as soon as practicable after the management committee decides to accept or reject an application, give the applicant a written notice of the decision.
10 When membership ends
(1) A member may resign from the association by giving a written notice of resignation to the secretary.
(2) The resignation takes effect at —
(a) the time the notice is received by the secretary; or
(b) if a later time is stated in the notice—the later time.
(3) The management committee may terminate a members membership if the member—
(a) is convicted of an indictable offence; or
(b) does not comply with any of the provisions of these rules; or
(c) has membership fees in arrears for at least 2 months; or
(d) conducts himself or herself in a way considered to be injurious or prejudicial to the character or interests of the association.
(4) Before the management committee terminates a member’s membership, the committee must give the member a full and fair opportunity to show why the membership should not be terminated.
(5) If, after considering all representations made by the member, the management committee decides to terminate the membership, the secretary of the committee must give the member a written notice of the decision.
38 Voting at general meeting
(1) At a general meeting, each question, matter or resolution, other than a special resolution, must be decided by a majority of votes of the members present.
(2) Each member present and eligible to vote is entitled to 1 vote only and, if the votes are equal, the chairperson has a casting vote as well as a primary vote.
(3) A member is not entitled to vote at a general meeting if the member's annual subscription is in arrears at the date of the meeting.
(4) The method of voting is to be decided by the management committee.
(5) However, if at least 20% of the members present demand a secret ballot, voting must be by secret ballot.
(6) If a secret ballot is held, the chairperson must appoint 2 members to conduct the secret ballot in the way the chairperson decides.
(7) The result of a secret ballot as declared by the chairperson is taken to be a resolution of the meeting at which the ballot was held.
When selecting "Auto Renew" I agree to being billed on the anniversary date of my membership for the amount due, which may from time to time be subject to a membership cost increase. Any increase in membership will be advised at MNRA meetings and on Mountain Folk. I understand that I can opt out of an auto-renewal or cancel my membership at anytime.
The full Mt Nebo Residents' Association Inc. Constitution is available here